Dude Magnet: Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ5
This favorite compact camera of mine has been a fantastic tool!
1. It takes super great photos (close to DSLR)
2. It’s a genius in its intelligent auto! – a true point-and-shoot and I don’t have to know all those photo lingos such as apperture and white balance because it does all the work for me! All I need to have is my “vision” and “imagination” and capture it **click**
3. It’s a dude magnet! It’s a handy tool to attract boys! You know how boys love their toys and most of them are into photography these days! In the events I go to, I just get my camera out of my bag and click the shutter **flash** then them-boys always notice “ey, that’s a cool camera you got!!! It’s a leica lens… etc..”
Even Matt Mullenweg Mister WordPress himself, noticed my cam ^_^ see evidence! 😛
Boys also get turned on when I tell them about the specifics of my cam…
- It has a 10x “optical zoom” (28-280mm equiv.) plus a 4x digital zoom. (I hear “whoahs” and “nice”)
- It’s a 28mm wide angle camera…
- It has a High Resolution (460,000 pixel) 3.0-inch LCD (Then they all comment on how clear the pictures appear)
- 9.1 megapixel
- MEGA OIS image stabilization
- 22 scene modes and a clipboard for travelers (scene modes include: Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Self-Portrait, Food, Party, Candle Light, Baby 1, Baby 2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Hi-Speed Burst, Starry Sky, Fireworks, Beach, Snow, Aerial Photo and Underwater) — How more intelligent could it get???
- Venus IV Engine processor (then I’d say I don’t know what that really is then them-boys again would fill in the details for me… “Well, it’s a … dot dot dot…”
- It can also record movies up to 1280 x 720 pixels (HD) @ 30 fps. It’s a high resolution movie for a compact camera and the best ever among all others of its kind. Of course you shouldn’t compare it to a digital video camera.
4. It may look bulky to other digicams but if you consider the 10x zoom packed in it’s body… phew! innovation really! Hands down to Panasonic and the makers of this cam!
5. It fits in my bag as compared to my D40 obviously and this cam is always with me to take out-of-the ordinary spur-of-the-moment shots!
6. Who said it takes bad night shots? Actually, all digital cameras don’t make such good night shots… but this camera of mine takes decent ones! Check out the pictures below. Samples of landscapes from Greece at the Acropolis!
more pictures of Greece, Acropolis, Santorini, Ancient Thira, Monolithos, Kamari, Pharos and Fira here.
7. I have an art gallery all captured by TZ5 (except for those mentioned are not)
8. I bought it for only php 18,000 last year (May 2008) from my supplier, but now it only cost 15,000 flat. If you want to order click here! Don’t forget to mention me when you buy one!
He is a trusted supplier of mine and check out his Product list here.
9. The newer model Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ50 has wi-fi and you can instantly upload pictures from your camera to flickr or to any supported web gallery!
Visit my photoblog (which I will update soon) and my flickr art gallery.
Helpful links to Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ5
1. dpreview.com’s high recommendation result from it’s review of the TZ5
2. Camera Lab’s video tour of the TZ 5
3. Where I bought my TZ5.
4. dpreview sample shots of TZ5
5. my flickr art gallery
6. my photoblog
7. Panasonic Lumix TZ5 Full Specifications