Nokia e63 Budget Blackberry
I am so happy with my new Phone — the Nokia e63!
I was just plurking one day asking for a phone that has the following:
1. Wi-Fi (very very important for a blogger on the go)
2. Qwerty pads
3. Reasonable price (meaning I’m paying for the right stuff)
What you won’t pay for in e63 that you are paying in e71:
1. 3.0 megapixels (as compared to e63’s 2mp)
2. e71’s built-in GPS
3. e71’s made of metal or steel (I think) and has nicer more corporate colors while e63’s made of plastic (not sure again)
*not inclusive of all differences I just mentioned ones that matter to me 😛
So, I was hoping to buy a new phone because my Sony Ericsson P990i is kind of busted already! To justify, here are my reasons: 😛
1. The wifi’s busted and can’t connect already.
2. The web browser itself is super slow… like opening a single WAP page would take like 2-5 mins… or the page won’t simply load at all!
3. The software is just busted even if I updated it… It just hangs all the time…
4. Did I mention it yet that it’s 2 to 3 years old already? I don’t think I did 😛
5. Bulky much? I have scoliosis and I need to lessen stuff I load in my bag
6. The flip thing is busted also…
That’s it… but at least even after 3 years the phone can still send and receive sms and call. The applications installed on it are also still working (at least some that doesn’t need an internet connection :P)
Nokia must be giving me a commission or something now because I indirectly sold like 3 phones already! (excluding mine)
I have been really giving a great review for the e63 to my officemates and friends that the 2 actually bought one for themselves already and the other is about to buy it! I guess they trust my judgement and “expertise” when it comes to gadgets **ehemz** **ehemz** I think I’m not really an expert to gadgets, I’m just the #1 gadget consumer 😛
When I test products, I’m output based. I mean, I don’t care what software verision or what platform the software is made of, or the hardware they used to create these gadget things… I test based on the final product these companies produce and just judge… Love it? … or… Hate it?
I bought the e63 for 14,000 PHP on a 0% interest 12-month installment. My friend bought hers at 12,100 in Greenhills theater mall 2nd floor on that tiangge facing the magazine stand who sells all Nokia phones only 😛 My boss bought his for 12,500 at Ambassador in Park Square. See, It’s value for money!!!