Anchoring on GNN The Vote Special Philippine Elections 2010 Coverage
It was my first time doing the news.
Initially, I was scheduled to Anchor at night (7-10pm).Â But then, I went early (7am) â€˜coz I was hyped with the elections already!
It’s heavy multitasking!
1. I needed to make sure my hair is not all over my face.
2. No face powder stains on my dress.
3. No lipstick on my teeth.
4. Read the prompter for instructions.
5. Look at the TV to know what’s airing
6. Listen to co-host and react to he says.
7. Look at camera crew to know which camera to look at.
8. Read which piece of information you would want to share.
9. Make sure you are saying the right things.
10. Make sure you are not shivering with nervousness on TV and just let out a casual smile!
I have done live broadcast shows (Tek Tok TV is live), but not about news and especially the elections! Â It was a totally new experience to me! Â It was more difficult than I thought. Â Those news anchors on TV made it look so easy!
I had nooooooooooooooooooo idea!
Anyway, It was a very nice experience! It was Fun! It was one of the firsts that I will never forget!
Thank you to my co-host Yuan Santiago for chillin’ with me on set. Â It was also his first time and I just felt comfortable delivering the news with him.
Thank you to GNN for giving me this opportunity to take part in the 2010 Philippine Elections and for this wonderful experience.
Thank you to other hosts of the GNN Business Portal for making the set a more cheerful, relaxed fun one!
Thanks to Marybeth Nave for the photos.
Thanks to Lloyd Luna for uploading the photos on facebook.
Thank you for CreatiVoices who co-produces the show Tek Tok TV.
Thank you to Vince for talking me into being his co-host on Tek Tok TV.
Anyway, I just want to share pictures from Marybeth Nave, one of GNNâ€™s hosts for the Business Portal.
For live coverage of the Philippine Elections 2010 live stream online via the Global News Network (GNN), visit TekTokTV.com.