How to Make a Sexy Pikachu Costume: Pikachu Ears
Last Halloween, I decided to dress up as Pikachu and Vince as my Pokemon trainer – Ash Ketchum.
So, How did I do it?
First of all, the yellow bra and the yellow skirt were two things that I just bought in Divisoria. I was scouting for either a skirt or shorts. If you are not too comfortable wearing this, you can find alternatives like yellow t-shirts or a yellow jumpsuit and yellow pants.
It’s up to you. the main highlight of the costume is the Pikachu tail and the Pikachu ears.
Here’s how I did it.
How to make Pikachu Ears
Things you need:
- hard folder
- non-silk, hard yellow cloth
- scotch tape
- black or yellow headband
- needle and thread
- black paint
- paint brush
1. I got a cardboard and cut it into two rectangles of exact shape. You can recycle used folders like I did.
2. Draw ears to shape the cardboard
3. Cut the line where you drew the shape with and fold the lower half. Just estimate how long the ears should be. I never really used a ruler, I just estimated things through. Get the yellow cloth and trace the ears. Then, retrace the ears outside by 1 cm to make sure you have space for sewing cloth.
4. Get a black head band where you can attach these ears with. I just used ordinary scotch tape to attach the ears on the headband. Give a little support to the ears so that it stays standing by putting a triangle shaped carboard as you can see blow to keep the ears erect. Just use ordinary tape to do this.
5. Sew the yellow cloth for ears. I totally forgot to take pictures while sewing it. Remember when you traced it above on #3 that you need to give the allowance for sewing.
6. Put the cloth on top of the ears and I just taped it to the cardboard. You may opt to use a glue gun if you want to.
7. Paint the black part of the ears. It helps if you draw a line first and then just trace it with the paint and overlap.
8. Do it on both sides and that’s it – you’re done
The next tutorial that I will give is how to make Pikachu tail. It is more challenging than making the ears…
I must say though, I am proud of the tail that I made. The Cream Ball Halloween Party was very crowded and people kept bumping on my tail. I was surprised that I made it so well that it stood up until now. I wasn’t using any string or what not to aid the tail to be upright.