Nikon Service Center in Manila and DSLR D3100 D7000 Launch
I have been using a Nikon DSLR for 2 years. It has been my first and only DSLR yet. One of the reasons why people don’t buy Nikon is usually because they don’t have a service center here, but now they do The service centers will be open next year January. In the meantime, Nikon Launched their new line of cameras here in Manila.
Nikon Launch in Manila Hotel Intercon
I look like a student here. I kinda miss school.
Photography Masters Xander Angeles and Niko Villegas of Edge of Light as well as Daniel Tan graced the stage and talked about their experience with Nikon in their profession
Here are the Nikon Coolpix Cameras
Nikon Coolpix P7000
Nikon’s new flagship COOLPIX P7000 represents the best of both worlds, offering D-SLR-inspired performance and advanced creative control within its compact body. The 10.1-megapixel camera comes equipped with advanced functions and features like a large 1/1.7-inch CCD sensor, the EXPEED C2 image processing engine, a 7.1x wide-angle optical zoom, a 3-inch ultra-high-resolution Clear Color Display, and 720p HD movie recording. The P7000 is nevertheless optimized for excellent ease-of-use, with an Independent Quick menu dial, a set of versatile bracketing functions, and extended ISO capability.
Nikon COOLPIX S1100pj
The groundbreaking COOLPIX S1100pj, meanwhile, is a 14.1-megapixel stunner that has its own projector for sharing photos and video clips in a wide variety of big-screen environments. The 14-lumen internal projector, operated with a built-in slide show function, is bright enough to project still and moving images up to 47 inches from a distance of more than 7 feet. Additional features of the S1100pj include a high-resolution 3-inch LCD touch screen, NIKKOR 5x wide-angle optical zoom lens, and HD (720p) movie recording with One-Touch control button.
Nikon Coolpix S80
Also part of Nikon’s sleek COOLPIX Style series is the sophisticated S80, which incorporates advances touch panel functions on a vibrant 3.5-inch OLED touch screen. Only 16.5-mm thin, the S80 deceptively packs 14.1 million pixels and a 5x optical zoom NIKKOR lens on its ultra-slim frame, not to mention a set of advanced shooting functions, six filter effects, a 5-way VR image stabilization system, and full stereo HD movie recording.
Nikon Coolpix S8100
The COOLPIX S8100 is a stylish 10x optical zoom digital camera engineered with additional new technologies for stunning – and blur-free – nighttime shots. By adopting a backside illumination CMOS image sensor as well as ISO 3200 capability with advanced Motion Detection, the S8100 is made to perform under challenging shooting conditions like nighttime environments and dimly lit indoor scenes. Additional features include the EXPEED C2 image processing engine, optimal flash control, high-speed shooting of up to 54 photos at approximately 120 fps (frames per second), and one-touch 1080p HD movie recording for capturing moving moments in timely – and expressive – fashion.
Nikon COOLPIX S5100
Chic and vibrant, the COOLPIX S5100 delivers uncanny speed and ease-of-use to ensure that memories are captured as they happen. With a fast start-up time, rapid autofocus response, short shutter-release time, and one-touch HD 720p movie recording at 30 fps, the 12.2-megapixel S5100 is designed to keep every photographer or cinematographer ready.
At the core of these new COOLPIX models are Nikon’s world-class NIKKOR lenses, complemented by the high-performance EXPEED C2 digital image processing engine, implemented to ensure superior high-quality pictures with stunning color and sharpness. Moreover, like the advanced technologies present within each camera, Nikon’s designs are equally inspired and intelligent – made to meet the evolving demands of today’s compact digital camera users.
Here is the set of Nikon DSLRs they just launched
Nikon DSLR D3100
The Nikon DSLR D3100 has all the basic functions you need for a DSLR taking beautiful photos with video too. It is designed to provide an easy-to-use and affordable entrance into the world of D-SLR photography, the Nikon D3100 packs sophisticated technologies and photo imaging innovations into a compact and lightweight 505g body, making it ideal for beginner D-SLR users, photo enthusiasts, and aspiring photographers alike.
- Equipped with the powerful EXPEED 2™ image processing engine
- 14.2-megapixel camera features a DX-format CMOS sensor acting as the driving force behind each faithfully colored snapshot and each delicately composed HD movie.
- enhanced Guide Mode function, plus the ability to shoot full 1080p HD video with full-time autofocus, inspiring users in all skill levels to capture with confidence and unleash their creative potential.
- 11-point autofocus system
- powerful ISO range of 100-3200 assuring rich image quality and minimized blurring even in low-light shooting conditions, dynamic high-action situations, and indoor environments
- 3-inch LCD screen
- ISO performance can be adjusted to Hi-1 and Hi-2 settings equivalent to ISO 6400 and 12800
- split-second shutter response
- world’s first D-SLR camera to introduce full-time autofocus (AF) in Live View and D-Movie mode
The new D3100 is no different: a Nikon camera that gives digital SLR beginners the freedom to capture beauty, either in still life or as moving pictures.
Nikon DSLR D7000
Nikon today unveiled a new digital SLR camera designed to bring an unprecedented level of creative freedom to its most passionate users, including demanding photographers and serious shooters in pro and non-pro levels. Nikon D7000 builds on the tradition that began with the revolutionary D90.
- 16.2-megapixel D7000 is a high-spec DX-format camera with a compact body and a number of innovative new features
- DX-format CMOS image sensor
- EXPEED 2™ image processing engine. The EXPEED 2™, a result of Nikon’s cultivation of ideas, know-how, and sophisticated digital imaging technologies, is responsible for the D7000’s faster image processing, high level of noise reduction, better color reproduction characteristics, and reduced power consumption
- 2016-pixel RGB matrix metering sensor and Scene Recognition technology for extremely faithful – and spectacular – captures
- 39-point autofocus (AF) system
- D-Movie function that enables recording of full 1080p HD movies. The D-Movie function, meanwhile, exhibits breathtaking, cinematic-quality video capability not commonly expected from D-SLR cameras, and empowers all levels of cinematographers with full-time autofocus and full manual control
- ISO range of 100-6400
- expanded to a Hi-2 setting of ISO 25600
- 5-millisecond shutter response
- blazing AF speed
- and rapid six frames-per-second (fps) burst speed (for up to 100 images)
- 3-inch TFT LCD screen
- 100 percent frame coverage viewfinder
- dual SD card slots optimize image browsing and in-camera editing
It’s a camera that pushes ability and creative freedom further than anyone has so far imagined, and with a D-SLR as powerful as the Nikon D7000, one can certainly expect every captured moment to be spectacular.
hmmm… I think it’s time to upgrade my Nikon D40 soon. It’ has been with me for 2 years now and this camera is already phased out I believe. Not sure if I can afford the D7000 but I think the D3100 sounds like a good buy too.