- Date: Fri, Jun 10, 2016 - Sun, Jun 12, 2016
- Time: 12:00 am
- Venue: SMX Convention Center, Halls 1-4
- Location: Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City
TOYCON PHILIPPINES The Philippine Toys, Hobbies and Collectibles Convention, or TOYCON as itâ€™s more widely-known, is Asiaâ€™s longest running convention for collectibles, toys, anime, comics, cosplay, gaming and anything and everything related to hobbies and collections like the new fidget spinners you can get at the Raptor Fidget Spinners website. The convention has been ongoing since 2002 so it is now on its 15th year of thrilling fans and aficionados alike. It is, simply put, the biggest pop culture event in the country.
Being a milestone year, the TOYCON reaches new heights as it readies itself to be the first international multi-genre entertainment and hobbies convention based in the Philippines. Held annually in June every year, it has grown in scale and popularity since its humble beginnings and is now regarded as the one of the most anticipated and visited events in the country, with event-goers filling the venue to capacity with close to 40,000 people attending.
TOYCON 2016 & Pop Life FanXperience
After 14 conventions, TOYCON Philippines is proud to announce its partnership with Pop Life Entertainment to create the ultimate FanXperience for the Filipino pop-culture fans! ToyCon 2016 + Pop Life FanXperience will be the biggest celebration of all things associated with pop-culture such as toys, games, movies, cosplay, anime and collectibles.
FanXperience is the offshoot event of the Salt Lake City Comic Con, the 3rd largest comic convention in the United States with over 125,000 in attendance. Through its global partnership with Pop Life Entertainment, ToyCon 2016 will be the staging-ground of the “ultimate FanXperience for their international fan base with exclusive show merchandise, exhibitions, international cosplay competition COSFANX, celebrity appearances Â” Â”and much more.
The exhibits will feature some of the worldâ€™s biggest brands in entertainment with such licensed properties as Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Cartoon Network, UFC, Peanuts, Nickelodeon and the NBA to name a few. It will also highlight gaming brands such as Capcom, Namco and DOTA 2.
The ToyCon 2016 + Pop Life FanXperience will give ToyCon fans up close and personal FanXperiences with their favorite pop culture icons. These FanXperiences will feature big name local and international celebrity guests from movies, television, music, comics, gaming and anime. Stay tuned for exciting announcements on who will be our featured line-up of guests for the inaugural ToyCon 2016 + Pop Life FanXperience!
June 10 to12, 2016
SMX Convention Center Halls 1-4
Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay City
Event highlights include:
1. Stan Lee Excelsior! Exhibit (see attached)
2. Pop Life Exhibit – exhibit of the newest Funko Pop toy releases, including one of the most anticipated lines, Suicide Squad, the new Cosplay line and possibly prototypes of the new Encantadia line of Funko Pop toys
3. CosFanX â€“ The biggest and newest international Cosplay competition which pits the best cosplayers in Asia against each other in country eliminations, country finals and regional finals. Top prize in the local finals is P50,000 cash and the chance to represent the country in the championships in Thailand
4. Suicide Squad Movie Exhibit â€“ Warner Brothers Pictures exhibit of DC Comics newest cinematic blockbuster coming in July
5. Voltes V Exhibit â€“ Itâ€™s Voltes V 40th Anniversary and this exhibit is highlighted by a 20-foot statue of the iconic robot and various memorabilia from the creators of the hit anime series of the 70s and 80s
6. TOYCON Toy Club Gallery â€“ The biggest toy collectorsâ€™ exhibit ever assembled under one roof featuring top toy brands, Kotobukiya, Enesco, Bandai, Hero Cross, Hasbro, Mattel, Hot Toys and Lego. This exhibit makes ToyCon one of the most photographed events in the country.
7. FanX Celebrity photo-ops and autograph-signing – fans meet and greet with the international guests during interactive stage panel interviews, one-on-one photo booths and autograph-signing
8. Artists Alley and custom artwork – fans meet their favorite local and international guest artists for custom sketches, signing and art critiquing
9. Multi-media entertainment â€“ Interactive booths from top gaming companies, Capcom, Namco and DOTA 2 and also from top subscription video on demand company, iFlix
10. The biggest dealer floor of around 240 merchants of various pop-culture merchandise, comics, accessories, cosplay merchandise, toys and collectibles
FanXperience International Celebrity Guests
Kristian Nairn, actor and musician, known for his portrayal as Hodor from Game of Thrones
Mario Maurer â€“ Thai pop-star, actor, model and brand endorser. Also known locally for various film projects with local celebrities
Bronson Pelletier and Kiowa Gordon â€“ Members of the werewolves pack in the Twilight saga: New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn movie.
Frankie J â€“ R&B/Pop Singer songwriter known for his hits Top 40 hits â€œObsessionâ€, â€œHow T Dealâ€ and â€œThat Girlâ€
Dean Cain â€“ best known as Clark Kent/Superman in the 90â€™s series Lois & Clark and now portrays Jeremiah Danvers in the hit new TV show, Supergirl
Daniel Logan â€“ New Zealand actor best known for his portrayal as young Boba Fett in Star Wars Attack of the Clones
(More celebrities to be confirmed)
The event is organized by the Asian Comics, Toys & Hobbies Collective Inc. and Pop Life Entertainment
For details contact: ToyconPh@gmail.com firstname.lastname@example.org Cholo Mallillin (Marketing Head) â€“ 0917-8248176 Vic Yap (Head of Operations) â€“ 0906-5067616 Azrael Coladilla (Digital Content Manager) â€“ 09087568622 For event details go to: www.toyconph.com www.facebook.com/ToyConPh