Though a geek at heart and Certified Public Accountant, I often manipulate time and space to fit in crazy escapades like gaming, surfing, longboarding, dancing, karting, traveling and a whole other crazy stuff.
This blog contains my personal thoughts on living the good life on a budget! I write about lifestyle topics ranging from beauty, fashion, travel, gadgets, health and wellness, fitness and DIY tutorials!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Photography by Garvin Yao
Hair and Makeup by Charlene Lu-Tan
Site is owned and maintained by Hannah Rika Villasis, a Certified Public Accountant who persued her career as a full time blogger, a TV show host, an internet marketing entrepreneur, social media addict and a lot more things on the side.
I wear different hats! I love the internet and its potential, but you know this already. I use my background in finance and analytics to fuel and drive my blog posts. Since I was a child, I always use my imagination and I love creating things out of normal everyday stuff. I love to create stories and be creative. This blog and my YouTube channel is my outlet to express my creativity.
Any studies about the human brain fascinates me. I sometimes think I have ESP. I am a fast learner, and I owe it to my curiosity. I believe that the more you use your mind, the more you unlock its potential. Being curious, makes me think a lot and reason with myself, it pushes me to observe and gives me courage to try new things and reach my dreams. I am a curious child asking too many questions that I answer by myself sometimes (which makes me even more confused).
“When you open your mind to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth.”
– Dr. Walter Bishop (Fringe)
I love looking good and I love taking care of myself. To me Vanity is not a sin.
I believe that a right amount of vanity in your vein is a virtue and not a sin because you put a tremendous effort in taking care of yourself. If you don’t take care of yourself, that just means you’re LAZY! I also believe that no one is ugly, “Just lazy people!” I am guilty of being lazy sometimes and truist me, I usually don’t feel good when that happens and I feel depressed. Looking good and feeling great about your body go well together and gives you that extra boost of confidence. Feel free to argue with my twisted logic.
Cameras I use:
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 (kaput) It took lovely underwater photos when used with underwater case or suit. However, it got drowned on one of my surftrips
- Nikon D40 (kaput) DSLR with 18-55mm kit lens and 70-300mm G Nikkor, zoom lens (for surfing and Formula 1 photography). This baby is lovely and it made me win 3rd and 1st place in one photography contest.
- Panasonic Lumic LZ10 my digital camera replacement for TZ5. I bought it for only Php 5,000 in Singapore yet in made me win a contest
- Nikon D3100 with 18-55mm kit lens, 35mm prime lens and 70-300mm G Nikkor zoom lens
- Sony Cybershot WX80 (kaput) wifi camera. I won this as a prize. Unfortunately, there’s a problem with the lens and is now retired.
- Cherry Mobile Explorer Cam – alternative to GoPro. You can buy this for only Php 3,999 (85 USD) and it already comes with an LCD screen, plus it came with lots of mounts already! I end up using this more than my GoPro Hero 4 Black because it has LCD screen
- GoPro Hero 4 Black – Better quality than Cherry mobile of course in low light, but for PHP 24k (USD 450), it didn’t come with the LCD screen and only one or 2 basic mounts.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 – this takes great photos and videos and it’s always on my pocket
- iPhone 6 – it has built-in Movie Editor that enables me to edit videos on the go.
- Canon PowerShot N 12.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 8x Optical Zoom and 28mm Wide-Angle Lens
I AM NOT ALONE IN THIS BLOG!
I have my two cyber-bodyguards always. Jehz for blog maintenance and Winston for blog security. The theme header and footer is designed byÂ Jehz. Web hosting and blog consultancy by Jehz. Winston is the only Batang Yagit na bodyguard! He secured and revived my blog when it was hacked the first time, the second time and the third time. Together with Jehz, my blog is now already 99.99% unhackable (if there is such a term).
I SELF-DIAGNOSED MYSELF WITH MULTIPLE PERSONALITIES DISORDER:
Fast Candy: I’m a fast learner and I love Formula 1 and racing
iCandy: I am born to be techie! I just lurve tinkering with my new gadgets and gadgets of other people lol. I broke my PC several times because I attempt to fix them by trial and error! Don’t worry I usually fix my stuff! I also love gaming: Pokemon trainer here, plus a war soldier (Battlefield 4 and 1). Check out my gaming livestream channel here.
Rockstar Candy: There’s no Dancing without music! I have been a dancer my whole life and music is simply a part of me!
Surf Candy: I am just simply addicted to surfing! Both surfing the sea and surfing the net 😛 Surf around my blog to get a peek of my surfing photography and videos.
Green Candy: I love the color green, I love money coz it makes me do a lot of things, I love the environment and I am a nature lover!
Love Candy: Because I am in search for my soulmate and I quote Paulo Coelho
The whole of man’s life on the face of earth can be summed up by the search for his Soulmate. He may pretend to be running after wisdom, money or power, but none of that matters. Whatever he achieves will be incomplete if he fails to find his soulmate. – Brida, Paulo Coelho
Logic Candy: See above, plus I am a Math Wizard (I’m really such a proud sissy) geeez +_+
How about Flair you ask? ‘Coz I do all of the above with Flair <3
Welcome to Candy’s world!
My blog and Me
- Meg Magazine 13th Anniversary issue “25 young achievers” (link)
- UNO Magazine features (link)
- One of the 10 Bright Young Manila Feature in Chalk Magazine (link)
- UNIPRO Now International magazine for Filipino American Unity (link)
- Meg Magazine article mention (link)
- Stir.ph (link)
- Adobo Magazine (link)
- Blog-o-Rama feature in Manila Bulletin (link)
- Philippine Star mention (link)
- Philippine Star Smart LTE (link)
- Philippine Star PLDT party (link)
- Manila Bulletin Style Weekend Feature “Woman at work: Blogger style” (link)
- Won Best Personal Blog at the Digital Filipino Awards (link)
- Nominated BestÂ Personal Blog at the Philippine Blog Awards
- Underwater photography published on Action and Fitness Magazine (link)
- Photo published on CNBC Business Magazine (link)
- 1st and 2nd place winner of Kraft Keso de Gallo Photo Contest (link)
- Winner of Real Leaf Paparazzi Photo Contest (link)
MEDIA AND HOSTING
TV and TV Show Host
- Tek Tok TV Host for Global News Network (GNN) – Business Portal
- Special News Anchor for Global News Network
- WhenInManila.com Fake News Correspondent
- BUYanihan travel show host
- Interviews with QTube and TV5
- Bloomberg TV (link)
- Blogging 101 speaker at De La Salle University LEAP
- iBlog 6 Convention Speaker
- Digital Filipino Awards Speaker
- Web Safety for Parents Host
- Buhayko.org speaker for Blogging 101
- Manila Bulletin 3D Newspaper Launch Host
- Photo-blogging 101 speaker for Globe Telecom
- Boss Ironman Club Victory Party Host
- Metro Comic Con 2011 (host)
- GUS Furniture launch (host)
- CISQO Wireless solutions product launch (host)
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost product launch (host)
- 2011 Conference on IT Concepts: A Slice of the Web Today (Lyceum-Northwestern University) (speaker)
- Radio Guesting onMellow 94.7 The G-Spot Edumacate Me segment
- Sports Writer at Technorati.com
- Contributor at Wheninmanila.com
Pole Dancing Achievements and Workshops
- XPERT Pole Fitness Teacher Training Program by Marlo Fisken (2012)
- Finalist, Vie & Vault Competition by Big Shift Studios (2012)
- Get off the Floor Workshop by Natasha Wang (March 2012)
- Pole Wish List by Natasha Wang (March 2012)
- Melody Pole Studio workshop with Anh Le (Dirdy Birdy) (Hong Kong – April 2012)
- Aerial Silk workshop with Symone Dolai (September 2012)
- Aerial Hoop workshop with Symone Dolai (September 2012)
- Stellar Year 1, Burlesque “In the Mood” (June 2011)
- Stellar Year 2, Rock “God Gave Rock and Roll” (June 2012)
- Stellar Year 3 on Broadway “Take Me Out Tonight” from R.E.N.T. (June 2013)